Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My 10 Most Anticipated Games

Recently returning to Half Life 2 in my 'wantingness' of Orange Box I have decided to make a list of the top 10 games I'm really looking forward to in the next 10 years. If you don't care feel free to delete this post. I think you guys will enjoy this.

10. Fallout 3

Oblivion set in a post apocalyptic future? With guns? And monsters? The only reason this game isn't #1 is because I have to wait until Fall 2008 to get my hands on it. Eh...

9. Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Although I am not a big Wii fan I really am excited to see how this turns out. Mostly, the online play and how it can compare to Xbox Live. I think that if it does succeed, it can be a major turning point for the Wii's online offerings. And, being able to use a Gamecube controller and three different variations of the Wiimote will prove to be a lot of fun with friends.

8. Splinter Cell: Conviction

The main reason that this is up here is because of the fascinating direction the Splinter Cell is taking. Compared to a game higher on my list (you'll know when you see it) I don't know if Conviction will be as fun as other offerings though.

7. Midnight Club: Los Angeles

The Midnight Club games have always been fun... I know you all probably think this is stupid but hey, its a exciting game. Check out the trailer on Youtube and look at those decals!

6. No More Heroes

Why? Well its the next offering from the creator of Killer 7 (one of the best games I've ever played, I might write something about that game later) so my money's already there.

5. Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots

I've been waiting for this game before the $600 launch price point for the PS3 was announced. Yeah, its been that long. Hopefully the next gen installment in the fantastic Metal Gear Solid series will bring more success to the PS3 and if I'm lucky, a port for the 360.

4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Being a beta tester, I can confirm that this game will be FUCKING AWESOME. It will really compete with Halo 3 for its spot in my disc tray.

3. Manhunt 2

I'm going to get this game just because its one of the most controversial games ever made. Its a very interesting decision to release this game on the Wii and I am excited to see how they incorporate the Wii controls into the brutal gameplay of Manhunt.


2. Assassin's Creed

This game will be amazing. Yes, its true, no need for disagreement. With the amazing detail put into this game and the unique setting, I might just be spending more time in 12th century Jerusalem than real life come November.

And my number one most anticipated game is...

1. Grand Theft Auto 4

I don't really need to explain why this topped my list. Well I guess its because of the living, breathing digital representation of New York City. Maybe its because GTA is one the single most revolutionary series of all time. I guess its all of these things. Too bad I'll have to wait until February-April 2008 to play, but at least until then, I'll have numbers 2-10 to play.

6 comments:

Chris said...

CoD4 compete with Halo 3 for the disc tray? I don't like where this is going...










(Get the PC version. Unless you really don't like yourself. That's cool too)








Other than that, great list.

Anonymous said...

"Mostly, the online play and how it can compare to Xbox Live"

SPOILERS: IT DOESN'T

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/wi-fi/wi-fi01.html

(not Henry)

Dont do it jake said...

kata123 is that you?

Kata124 said...

not me + im kata124

Tusken the Raider said...

Mgs4 will not come out for 360, friend. Sorry. You'll have to pay the 500 dollar fee just like the rest of us.


(by the way, the ps3 is fucking awesome)

Dont do it jake said...

Sean do you have a PS3? Just wondering.

In all honesty, I %100 expect a port of MGS4 on the 360. Not when the game comes out, but several months after just like the PS2 and original Xbox games do.

And I'm not criticizing the PS3. There are just no good games... except Resistance... and, uh... Orange Box and Skate... and Resistance.