Thursday, August 7, 2008

Best Music This Year So Far

Some good music has come out this year. Here's my list of my favorites (so far):

9. Nas- Untitled


8. Nine Inch Nails- Ghosts I-IV

More info on Ghosts I-IV can be seen here.

7. One Day As A Lion- One Day As A Lion EP


6. Kid Cudi- A Kid Named Cudi

Download the free mixtape here.

5. Viva La Vida- Coldplay


4. Wale- The Mixtape About Nothing

Download the free mixtape here.

3. Atmosphere- When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold


2. Beck- Modern Guilt


1. Nine Inch Nails- The Slip


Download The Slip for free here.

8 comments:

Tusken the Raider said...

shit man good choices ive actually been meaning to give a lot of those a listen lately.

the Nas album is actually kinda secretly called "the Nigger album" because it is his most controversial album yet and he wanted to make even more of a statement by giving it that title but the record label would not let him so its officially "untitled." but to his fans, it is kinda secretly known as "Nigger"

Anonymous said...

I'm getting that Atmosphere album purely on the merits of its title.

Kata124 said...

the slip is great

what the hell is up with Viva la Vida?

Tusken the Raider said...

ITS AMAZING.

ITS MADE ME FUCKING LOVE COLDPLAY.

Kata124 said...

I agree it's great but I heard there was this big thing about how they stole a song from Creaky Boards.

Anonymous said...

the first like 10 seconds of the creaky boards song sounds like viva la vida (the song) and vice versa

Kata124 said...

and the guitar solo in the creaky boards song

Chris said...

My dad's actually been listening to Viva almost nonstop. I took his iPod from him one trip through the grocery store. I have today, really great song. I haven't heard the rest of the album though.

On a somewhat related note, anyone else notice how significantly better the newer iPod earnids are?