Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sequels I Would Kill to See

Wild 9- Originally one of my favorite ps1 games. It seems that the new Bionic Commando remake for next gen consoles feels like a spiritual successor to the whiplashing combat of Wild 9. Unfortunately, the two games have zilch to do with each other...

Shadow of the Colossus- Hands down one of the best video games of all time, if not the best for the playstation 2. Its creativity and elegant simplicity harmonize beautifully with its mysterious atmosphere. Using the power of a 360 or a Ps3, a sequel to this could reach grander and more epic scales than ever thought possible

Dead Rising- Now I know that there is already a confirmed sequel for this, but I just can't wait. I can only pray (along with the rest of the gaming community) that they will have fixed the FRUSTRATING save system for the upcoming game.

Pitball- Another under-the-radar Ps1 game involving intergalactic violent athletics. A next gen version would blow people's minds

SHORT LIST:
A Crash Team Racing sequel that doesn't suck
A next gen starfox
A Superman game that doesn't suck
Viewtiful Joe 3
Rez
Okami



FEEL FREE TO COMMENT WITH YOUR DREAM SEQUELS


8 comments:

Dont do it jake said...

If Dead Rising 2's save system would be different, I will be horribly disappointed.

Yes it is hard.
Yes it is frustrating.
Yes it is a pain in the ass.

But its one of the reasons that makes Dead Rising such an outstanding game. I've never felt the same thrill in any other game as I do when I'm running for my fucking life dodging zombies to get to a fucking restroom. And it makes sense too. I mean as far as zombie-infested-mall games go, its pretty realistic that the only place you can save is somewhere where you are surrounded by groups of other people or locked in a toilet stall. I wouldn't mind though, a boss checkpoint system.



Also I would like to say that I am now officially using and selling crystal meth, thanks to Rez.

Dont do it jake said...

Oh yes here is my list:

Bioshock 2. Of course.

Portal 2. Of course.

Mass Effect 2. Of course.

Red Steel 2: the idea and premise is there, and now that the Wii has been out a while, a sequel that improved on where RS failed would work.

Skate 2: fix the online and sharpen single player elements and I'll wait for the midnight launch.

Lumines 3: because I can't find a copy of Lumines 2 anywhere.

XIII: an interesting shooter that really flew under the radar on last gen consoles. The great story and visual design stuck with me and I'd enjoy a new one with the capabilities of better online multiplayer.

Killer 7: but this will never happen, but I'll put it here just so I can praise this golden gem of a game. This game really, in my perspective, is a work of art, absolute art, and still, three years later and many, many playthroughs later, the valor and almost absolute perfectness of the game still resonates in my mind.

Anonymous said...

I think the world is ready for a halo 4


:)?

Tusken the Raider said...

jake, i was thinking about putting skate 2 in the post, and i remember XIII also :-)


gaspin's jumping the gun a bit

Dont do it jake said...

Halo 3 is overrated.

Kata124 said...

seriously i agree with jake

Tusken the Raider said...

you don't own an xbox/any halo game...

Anonymous said...

GO TO FUCKING BED