Sunday, January 13, 2008

intellectualness

Alright so Globalolization inspired me. Fucking inspiration I say. So I'll bring the religion argument on to this blog and at the same time bump down the sexy pic of Kenny. I don't know how the sexy black man was removed but I believe its still my profile picture of blogger so if you need wanking material you know where to look. Well the big debate came down to abortion and some other things so I'll give you guys my opinion (yes, I am a scholar, thank you Henry).

Everything boils down to one simple, inalienable right. People should have the right to choose. Without choice, a person is really, not a person. People should have the right to choose between what religion they want to follow, what they want to watch on tv, whether they should choose Blu-Ray or HDDVD, or any other functioning process that as humans, our mind allows us to preform.

Why should (or can) anyone tell a women what to choose?

A women has the right to an abortion. Think abortion is wrong? Then you think its wrong and if you are a female then you'll choose not to get one. But you don't have the right, you don't have the power, to tell another person what they can't do. Its not your choice. Lets keep it this way.

But most people don't agree with me about this. Most people who think abortion is wrong think that they can't dictate someone's life. They think that they can illegalize abortion (and in Mike Fuckabee's case, sanction abortionists). What will happen to this country if women are denied some of their rights? I think the only good that'd come out of banning abortion would be that the folks in the coat hangers business would profit immensely, because banning abortion does not reduce the abortion rate. Would you rather have a women get infected and possibly die in a back alley procedure or be safe in a doctors office?

On to my next topic. I'll start with a question:

Would you tell a black person to sit at the back of a bus?

I hope your answer is a define and bold NO. What about a Jew? Of course not. What about a gay person? Well, most people in power or in society would actually say yes. Isn't that totally and absolutely fucked up? Yes!

Denying a homosexual's right to marry is like forcing a black person to sit at the back of a bus or use a different water fountain. Each act is a demoralizing and racist act to somebody that is different than you. Your skin may be black but we're both equal. You should have the same right to sit at the front of the bus as me. You may be attracted to the same sex as yourself but we're both equals and have the same right to marry.

When I explain this to people, 99% of the responses I get is: "It was Adam and Eve, and not Adam and Steve", but really, theres scientific evidence and scientific proof that, brace yourself: Adam and Eve probably didn't even fucking exist. Don't give me your biblical bullshit. And if they did, what does that have anything to do with gay people? Two people like Adam and Eve or Bush or Cheney don't define human behavior. If we apply the Adam Eve/ Adam Steve concept to the leaders of this country then by now, I would have come into this blog with an invalid excuse and killed its civilians and depleted its resources and defied Blogger's Terms and Conditions and put myself into even further Government debt.

Religion is puts a restriction on human behavior and alters judgment. Religion is ignorance, and ignorance is not bliss.

"When ignorance reigns, life is lost."- Rage Against The Machine


20 comments:

Tusken the Raider said...

I LOVE THIS POST

i lol'd at the "fuckabee" line and all the other political cracks

Chris said...

THIS POST SPEAKS THE TRUTH.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with people believing in religion, just with them being idiots about it.

I don't care if someone wants to believe in an afterlife or pray (who am I to tell them what to think?) but if it gets to the point where they won't say "Oh my god!" or something, then it's a bit ridiculous. I won't try to change that kinda person's mind, but I'll roll my eyes behind their back.

And if it gets to the point where someone acts like Westboro Baptist Church, then that person needs to be punched.


Just to clear some things up.

Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan said...

Wow.

I'm surprised that Josh isn't the only person who actually read that whole thing. I'm doubly surprised that anyone was "inspired" by the conversation. To some extent that was the intention, I just thought that intention was lost in the miles of IM drivel.

However, nice post. I absolutely agree with your opinions on gay marriage and discrimination and abortion. My personal stance is just that Abrahamic religion can't be blamed for the morons who misinterpret it. And that someone's right to practice religion is just as sacred as right to an abortion or gay marriage.

Just my two cents, as Chris might say.

Dont do it jake said...

Chris the Westboro Baptist Church is scarier than Kenny's vaginas

Dont do it jake said...

http://duggmirror.com/comedy/100_Greatest_Quotes_from_fundamentalist_christian_chat_rooms/

Samuel L. Jackson said...

I agree with everything

madmax992 said...

AMEN BROTHER AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I Lol'd at kenny's vaginas

Kata124 said...

i was against most of your points at first but you are the first friend with a blogger account who has written a convincing argument against my views. (not something like "XENU EATS ABORTED BABIES" etc.

really. good job. i'm rethinking some of the things that i supported now that someone has actually established salient points and cited sources.

Anonymous said...

jake your going to burn in hell you country hating faggot

Anonymous said...

^^ this comment was written by a retarded person. please excuse it as the have no clue what they r talking about.


PS RELIGION IS FOR GAY PEOPLEEEE

Tusken the Raider said...

ps guys quit posting anonymously unless youre henry. also, nice use of "salient", kenny

Kata124 said...

why thank you sean

deadmarsh20a said...

I few things, most people who arent raging homophobes who are against gay marriage dont want it because they believe marriage is between a man and a woman. They don't want to ruin this for it has always been written and this is how they have been taught/ They are fine with Gay Marriage but they want it to be called a civil union.
Now in terms of the New York Times report you posted, it may not be entirely true. More women would probably abandon the child in a trashcan or firestation. Yes there would be back alley abortions but they would cost incredible amounts, just ask Kenny and Chris, they had to pay for one nine-months after their first time. Thats why marijuana costs more here then some other places because it is harder to get to because it is illegal.
Mind you im all for Jake and chris' marriage and kenny's many, many, many abortions.

Dont do it jake said...

funniest thing jeremy's ever said hahahahahah

Chris said...

WHY ME?!

Tusken the Raider said...

lol you are strikingly feminine to the boy.

PERHAPS HE'S TAKEN A LIKING TO YOU




















PS I LIKE THE WAY YOU MOVE

Chris said...

Would it be gay to say I feel complimented?

Tusken the Raider said...

nope

Anonymous said...

THE SAVIOR OF US ALL